Long-Term Care Ombudsman
Purpose of Job
This position serves as a certified Ombudsman to protect and improve the quality of care and life for nursing home and other residential long-term care facility residents through complaint resolution, facility visitation, and community education.
A long-term care ombudsman listens to and addresses the concerns of nursing home and assisted living facility residents. Issues can range from the food service to problems with therapy. At all times, residents decide on the ombudsman’s level of involvement. They can be counted on to respect residents’ privacy and confidentiality.
Scope of Responsibility
Ombudsmen work statewide to ensure that the rights of residents in West Virginia’s long-term care facilities are protected. This position is based in the Wheeling area and covers the following counties: Marion, Wetzel, Marshall, Ohio, Brooke, and Hancock.
Essential Job Functions
- Identifying, investigating, and resolving complaints made by, or on behalf, of long-term care residents.
- Making routine unannounced visits to long-term care facilities to monitor the general care and condition and care of residents.
- Representing the interests of residents to government agencies, and working collaboratively to find administrative, legal, and other remedies.
- All services offered by the Ombudsman Program are free, confidential, and open to any long-term care resident, their family, or other concerned caretakers and friends.
- Must have an Associate’s Degree and meet the qualifications and the requirements of West Virginia Code Section 16-5L-7.
- Must have demonstrable commitment to understanding and addressing issues of low-income constituents.
- Must have skills to use office technologies, including learning LAWV case management software.
- Must be able to balance administrative and client advocacy responsibilities.
Salary and Benefits
The Paralegal position is a salaried position with an annual starting salary range of $29,452 – $35,375. LAWV offers a generous benefits package, a 37.5-hour workweek, paid vacation leave and sick leave and health plan, as well as dental, vision, and life benefits. Staff also have the option to participate in a 403(b)-retirement plan and dependent and health flex savings accounts (FSA). LAWV is an eligible nonprofit employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program.
Eat, play, and stay in Wheeling, WV. Whether you’re looking for a quiet retreat, a fun family gathering, or a great adventure, make Wheeling your destination for a wild, wonderful, unforgettable West Virginia getaway! Overlooking the Ohio Valley, Grand Vue Park offers lodging, trails, activities, adventures, event spaces, and more to suit all tastes and budgets. Plan your visit today. We’re more than just a city. Wild and wonderful starts here!
If you are passionate about serving others and want to do rewarding work, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Share this job opportunity: